Saturday, April 10, 2010

Assignment 1 Job Plan

What network or community are you going to tap into and develop to encourage contributions and participation in my tribe?

Being actively involved with the Singapore music scene, I am privileged to know some of the finest music producers and radio presenters in Singapore. Some help can be fostered from Online Radio stations like , Meshradio, Unpopular-radio and Sweetmusic.fm. and I can develop certain skills involved in producing this radio program. These Music Producers and musicians that i know, are very passionate about what they do and can provide insightful material about their culture, lives and interests. Most of them have colorful personalities and equipment at hand to produce quality content even when they are overseas.

I was a sound engineering graduate and had worked in the sound production industry after graduation. These skills can help in me ensuring the sound quality of the works to be good and give advice on improving content.


My strategy for recruiting,

My first task in getting help is to contact my friends from Meshradio, Unpopular-radio and Sweetmusic.fm to plug our project on their radio show, asking for interested individuals to contact me or refer them to a site where there is instructions on how to summit their work onto pool and what kind of work we are looking at. Getting these online radio stations interested in our project is very important because they can provide us with valuable advice and information that can help us a lot with the project. In fact the radio stations are filled with content producers that we can haverst from.

My second task is to get in touch with the Melbourne music scene through friends and social networks. This way, it’ll make it easier to get content as the previous point. As I myself is a DJ and used to work in a club as a resident DJ, I can get to know the DJ and music community around melbourne. In any place, the DJ community is very tightly knitted and it will be easy for news to spread around (especially through social media networks) about interest in MYTRIBE project.


Individual Contribution

I am currently an audio mentor for the tutorial project and I will produce an audio promotional piece together with Sean and Claire.

My individual contributions to this aspect will be good as I have a lot of background in sound production. I have the equipment and skills needed at my disposal to record and produce an audio piece. I would need to work with the other 2 members to come up with good creative content to put into the clip.

Also, as an audio mentor, I can provide assistance to people wanting to put content up on pool. I can give advice on what software to use, recording tips and even tricks to make an audio project successful!


Timeline

March 28th: meetup with group to come up with content

April 1: Plug project on personal online radio broadcast

April 10: my tribe project launch

April 15th: finalize my tribe works

May 27th: final written report on task


Personal Goals

My biggest personal goal from this project is to learn as much from it as possible. But My individual goals for this project is to get all the online radio stations to successfully plug our project, get as much content as possible up on pool and to make this radio show a successful one that ABC will remember!

Short term goals would be to Be able to engage a wide amout of people to be interested in this project by speeding awareness and also to get at least a few talented and interested individuals to produce content for MYTRIBE.

No comments: