Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Production Project 2 , Blog Reflection – Objectives

As we leave PP1 and Embark on a new journey into PP2, certain questions were raised as we venture through out learning journey.

This semester proves to be en exciting one as we are not being taught in the conventional "lecture-tutorial-exams" , instead we would be working hand in had with the McClelland Gallery 2010 Sculpture Survey Awards, this will be more like a job than a project and there is no room for failures! I can see that the gallery trust RMIT students enough to endorse us with such a personal encounter with the artists themselves.

Some of the areas that wish to look into are actually the Questions i need to ask the artists. I believe there doesn't seem to be a template around that we can follow and everything pretty much seems to depend on us to come up with. Well there are grey areas in this project, but also a lot of free space for us to expand on the creative side. Well most (in fact all) of the class have concerns on the technical side, like miking techniques and software, My concern is on the content side. I do hope we can work something out. while my classmates are taking crash courses on sound, I do wish to expand on the creative side of this project, I also wish to use a software that i am comfortable with, in fact, this may sound like a joke, but i am rather proficient in garageband. I like it so much that i stopped using cuebase and reason4 for my music production! HAHA All software works the same, you just gotta get used to the tools. 

Honestly, I have no idea what the final product would be like. I hope it will not be as boring as the audio projects i've came across online, there must be a way to make this vibrant and yet we must work bearing in mind that this project is not to show case our work, but to showcase the artists themselves. 

right now i'm recording sounds around the house as the first assignment. lets see what where we can go from here!


No comments: