Saturday, August 12, 2006

Hey, haven't blogged for long.
Omg, National day was Bad... bad bad bad... damn weird.

1.I went to Toa payoh before goign to work to pick up the keys to the club. i went to look for a singapore flag to put on my bike to act cute. know what? I CANNOT FIND A SINGLE FLAGE. omg! it's NATIONAL DAY! where did all those drivers get the cool little flags?!?never mind, i went to pick up the keys ad went to the club.

2.Everything was fine, i set up normally.... and know what? i saw a face of an old woman staring at me from the side of my eye while i was lighting candles around the club. my god! I was like "?!?!?!" ahaha.... I got the creeps and den told my manager. who told all the bosses, and they ALL came down and burned joss sticks and joss paper. very superstitious bunch. I guess the richer you are, the mre superstitious you get, as you've got everything to lose.

3.All my life, i don't have a problem with mosquito bites, but on that day, i had like tons of them on my leg. awwww!

4. the day lastd quite fine, nothing much happened , we packed up and i was ready to go mambo. lol. but it friggin' rained. I had no choice but to wait. All of the sudden there were 2 malay dudes screaming their heads off across the river outside homeclub. First i Tought they were just pissed drunk and playing in the rain. Then, one of them started to wave frantically at us shouting "Buoyant! buoyant!"
It was then it dawned apon us that one of them has dropped into the river.
Being an ex lifeguard, i tried to think.
this was going on in my head>>>>> " . "
so, i decided to exercise the 7 principles of lifesaving > "Talk , reach , Throw, wade, row, swim with aid , swim and tow" arrange in order of danger from safest to most dangerous.

-no use talking to the victim, he's too far.
-nothing to reach him with,
-Nothing to throw to him as all the floats along sg river are either stolen or non existant.
-water is too deep, can't wade tru it.
-hahah no boats around for me to row.

so i was thinking, "swim with aid and tow him, nonononononono... shit, i'm not gonna jump into that choppy dirty water!"

my manager was like "Fuck you chris, you DON'T go and jump in ok!"

ahah.
then the police arrived and this was in their head>>>> " . "" doughnuts "

i was like shouting at them "get me a rope! rope!"
hahah they wer like " wad happened? omg!"

after which i ran into the club to take a ladder, which was totally reduntdant as it's not long enough actually. haha. but just incase.

Police cars and fire engines were zooming all over the place , but none of them stopped where the victim was. finally, the civil defence came and hauled him up with a rope. hahah $1200 gone for him! hee hee.

mambo!

No comments: